- Occupies less space. Foxit 5MB vs. Adobe Reader 38MB
- Allows the user to comment any PDF
- Faster start-up than Adobe, which might or might not make a difference to users
- Opens up files in tabs rather than separate windows (This is a relief because the separate window feature used to be one of my pet peeves)
- And I think it crashes less too--need to experiment with this
- The Foxit plugin doesn't work so well with Firefox. Internet Explorer has no problem.
Depending on what your needs are, you might find Foxit to be a better option than Adobe Reader. Just letting whoever stumbles upon this blog know that there is a choice.
Oh, and to everyone, Happy Holidays!